LearningCommunity Charter School is a part of the Charter School AthleticLeague (CSAL), which is a division of the New Jersey Education Consortium. Wecurrently have a competitive girls' and boys' basketball team, a co-ed soccer team, a co-ed volleyball team comprised of our middle school scholar-athletes, as well as a co-ed dance team. We also currently have intramural flag football and are looking to add one more competitive sport to our athletic program.
Ourathletic teams are supervised by our Athletic Director, Shanelle Muse, who is also our 5th grade ELA teacher. Our liaison for all business mattersinvolving our athletic teams is our Assistant Head of School, James Laster.
Any questions or concerns involving our athletic teams, please contact:
Athletic Director – Shanelle Muse
WINTER SPORTS' GAME SCHEDULE
*All girls' games are played at 5 pm
*All boys' games are played at 6 pm
*Dance Team performs at BOTH halftimes (approx. 5:30 & 6:30 pm)
- December 16 at 5 pm vs: TEAM Academy
- December 19 & 20 ALL DAY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
**Note: 1 boy and 1 girl will be nominated for participation in all-star game and above-mentioned contests.
- January 6 at 5pm vs. North Star Academy
- January 13 at 5pm vs. Pride Academy
- January 25 at 5pm vs Great Oaks RESCHEDULED!
- January 27 at 5pm vs. Jersey City Community CS
- February 2 at 5pm vs. Rise Academy CANCELLED!
- February 3 at 5pm vs. Lady Liberty Academy BOYS GAME ONLY
- February 4 at 5 pm vs: Great Oaks
- February 10 at 5pm @ Passaic Charter AWAY GAME - Bus arrives at LCCS @ 3:45 pm
- February 24 at 5pm vs. Robert Treat Academy
- February 25 at 5pm vs. Community Charter School of Paterson
- February 27 All-Sportsmanship Day @ St. Phillips Academy 342 Central Ave. Newark, NJ 07103
CSAL All-Sportsmanship Day Schedule of Events
9am- Foul-Shot Contest
10am- Three-Point Shot Contest
11am- Spot Shot Contest
12pm- School Spirit Exhibition (Step, Dace & Cheer)
1pm- Girls All-Star Game
2pm- Boys All-Star Game